Place Category: Art / Music
Spearheaded by the Ely Business and Professional Women’s Club, 109 citizens joined together to develop a museum in White Pine County on August 1, 1959.
The museum opened with exhibits loaned and donated by the generosity of the citizens of White Pine County.
Its incorporation as the White Pine County Museum was in June,1960. The museum received a grant (Max D. Fleischman) in August of 1961.
The museum is supported by the Tour & Recreation Board, donations, memberships, admissions, and donations by visitors.