We are a family-owned ranch that primarily grows alfalfa and wheat, and we also lease part of our ranch to Christopher Ranch to grow garlic among our other crops. Our family loves farming, and our father decided he wanted to grow pumpkins for the local kids and give them away for free. We live in rural Nevada and decided to Read more...
The Desert Farming Initiative is a 5-acre demonstration fruit and veggie farm within the University of Nevada, Reno’s College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources. DFI is located at the College’s Valley Road Experiment Station on the east edge of the main campus, and powered by students, AmeriCorps service members and faculty. Produce from the farm is distributed to food pantries, Fallon Food Hub, Read more...
Recent Blog Posts
- Full Circle Compost – Bringing the Circle of Life to Your Lawn and Garden
- STATE 36 Blog – A Made in Nevada Brand a Century in the Making
- Flochinni Family Provisions – Making a Gathering of Friends and Family Memorable
- The Chocolate Shoppe by Sweet Images – Sweetening the Silver State
- Aloha Medicinals – From Surf to Sagebrush
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.